Maryam and Reza Rofougaran are two of Iran’s and also world’s most influential scientist, engineers and senior researchers!
Maryam Rofougaran’s eduaction:
- 1991 at age 23 B.S. – Electrical Engineering – University of California Los Angeles, (UCLA).
- 1993 at age 25 M.S. – Electrical Engineering – University of California Los Angeles.
- 1999 at age 31 Ph.D. – Electrical Engineering – University of California Los Angeles.
Maryam’s Brother, Dr. Ahmadreza (Reza) Rofougaran holds 146 patents in area such as digital Global System for Mobile communications (GSM), code division multiple access (CDMA), local multi-point distribution systems (LMDS), multi-channel-multi-point distribution systems (MMDS)!
Dr. Reza Rofougaran’s eduaction:
- 1986 at age 22 B.S. – Electrical engineering – University of California Los Angeles, (UCLA).
- 1988 at age 24 M.S. – Electrical engineering – University of California Los Angeles.
- 1998 at age 34 Ph.D. – Electrical engineering University of California Los Angeles.
His Ph.D. research was on the integration of a full CMOS RF frequency-hopped spread-spectrum transceiver. He was with Gigabit Logic, Inc., Newbury Park, CA, from 1988 to 1992.
He has been a Consultant with various companies form 1992 to 1998 in the area of wireless communications.
In 1998, he co-founded Innovent System Corporations and currently is with Broadcom Corporation leading RF CMOS and wireless products. He has more than 20 publications in journals and conferences.
Dr. Rofougaran was a co-recipient of the 1995 ESSCIRC Best Paper Award, the 1996 ISSCC Outstanding Student Paper Award, the 1997 ISSCC Outstanding Technology Directions Paper Award, and the 1998 DAC Best Paper Award.
Awards, Ranking, Astonishing and Recognitions:
- 1995 European Solid-State Circuits Conference “Best Paper Award”.
- 1996 International Solid State Circuits Conference
- “ISSCC Jack Kilby Award” for Outstanding Paper Award. 1997 ISSCC “Jack Raper Award” for Outstanding Technology Direction.
- 1998 Design Automation Conference “Best Paper Award“
Dr. Maryam Rofougaran is an Engineering Director at Broadcom Corporation in the area of Radio Development for Wireless Systems (RDWS) including Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and Wireless Personal Area Network (WPAN).
Prior to Broadcom Maryam and her brother, Reza Rofougaran, co-founded Innovent Systems Corporation, a wireless start-up company. Maryam was vice president of Innovent Systems Corporation when Broadcom Corporation acquired it in July 2000 for aroud $500 million.
Innovent Systems has been a very successful acquisition for Broadcom and has generated one of the fastest growing businesses within the company. Since the acquisition Innovent Systems has developed several radio and single-chip CMOS ICs for Bluetooth and WLAN (802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11a). These products are being shipped to customers at very high volume of several million units per quarter.
As a graduate student at UCLA, Ms. Rofougaran played a significant role in the pioneering design of a single-chip 900MHz CMOS transceiver.