Mori Hosseini is the Chairman and CEO of ICI Homes, Volusia County, Florida’s largest residential developer and homebuilder. Born in Iran, Mr. Hosseini was primarily educated in London, England, where he received a degree in Aeronautical Engineering from Chelsea College of Aeronautical Engineering. He then attended Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University where he received both a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aeronautical Studies and Master of Business Administration.
Mr. Hosseini founded ICI Homes in 1979. Consistently ranked by Builder Magazine among the nation’s Top 100 homebuilders, ICI Homes has built thousands of homes in most major Florida markets including the counties of Volusia (corporate office headquarters), Flagler, St. Johns, Duval, Nassau, Seminole, Orange, Osceola, and Brevard. A more recent market presence has been established in Hillsborough, Baker and Alachua counties of Florida, as well as in Georgia and Tennessee. In addition to land development and homebuilding operations, Hosseini is involved in many other enterprises throughout Florida including a lumber company, a title insurance company, a cable company, and a utility company.
Recognized for his countless professional, industry, civic and personal contributions to the community and the nation, many honors have been bestowed upon Mr. Hosseini, including:
- 2009 Spirit of Hope Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 2007 Home Builders Association – Inducted into the Hall of Fame
- 2007 Opening and Dedication: “The Mori Hosseini Center”– Daytona State College
- 2006 Ellis Island Medal of Honor − Entered into the United States Congressional Record
- 2006 Lou Fuchs Award − Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2006 Builder of the Year, ICI Homes – Northeast Florida Builders Association
- 2002 Dedication: “ICI Center”– Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
- 2002 Declaration: June 6, 2002 as “Mori Hosseini Day” – Volusia County Council
- 2001 Community Leadership Award – City of Daytona Beach
- 2001 Salvation Army Leadership Award
- 1998, 1999, 2000, 2006 Recognition Award – Habitat for Humanity
- 1998 Builder of the Year– Volusia Homebuilders Association
- 1997 Enterprise Award – Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- 1994 Entrepreneur of the Year, Construction and Real Estate Industry – Ernst & Young/Merrill Lynch Florida
Hosseini serves on several corporate, civic and public boards and associations. His affiliations include the following:
- Florida Board of Governors
- Board of Directors – International Speedway Corporation
- Board of Trustees – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Vice Chairman of the Board and
- Chairman of the Committee on Trustees and Chairman of the Committee on Facilities and Capital Planning
- Board of Advisors – Hearthstone Path of Growth – CalPERS
- Chairman of the Board – Allstar Building Materials
- Chairman of the Board – Southern Title Family of Companies
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Halifax Hospital Medical Center
- Former Chairman and Board Member – Pinnacle Bank
- Member – Northeast Florida Builders Association
- Member – Mid-Florida Home Builders Association
- Member and Former Board of Directors – Volusia County Home Builders Association, Inc.
- Member – Volusia County Association for Responsible Development (VCARD)
- Former Member – The Florida Council of 100, Inc.
- Former Board Member – National Association of Homebuilders, Inc. (Lifetime Spike Award)
- Former Commissioner – Volusia County Planning and Land Development Regulation Commission
- Former Board Member – Daytona Beach/Halifax Area Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member – WCEU Television Station (Public Television Broadcasting)
Hosseini, his wife and three daughters are longtime residents of Ormond Beach, Florida.